Friday, October 18, 2013

Excerpt from Carl Jung's "The Red Book"


My God is a child, so wonder not that the spirit of this time in
me is incensed to mockery and scorn. There will be no one who
will laugh at me as I laughed at myself.

 Your God should not be a man of mockery, rather you yourself
will be the man of mockery. You should mock yourself and rise
above this. If you have still not learned this from the old holy
books, then go there, drink the blood and eat the flesh of him who
was mocked and tormented for the sake of our sins, so that you
totally become his nature, deny his being-apart-from-you; you
should be he himself not Christians but Christ, otherwise you
will be of no use to the coming God.

Is there anyone among you who believes he can be spared the
way? Can he swindle his way past the pain of Christ? I say: "Such
a one deceives himself to his own detriment. He beds down on
thorns and fire. No one can be spared the way of Christ, since this
way leads to what is to come. You should all become Christs.
You do not overcome the old teaching through doing less, but
through doing more. Every step closer to my soul excites the scornful
laughter of my devils, those cowardly ear-whisperers and poison-mixers.
It was easy for them to laugh, since I had to do strange things.

~ Carl Jung ~

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, Chad.
    I find that the name of Jesus has been vilified; the mere mention of the Name seems to cause some to cringe. The trance is/was strong.
    I have found that I need to re-establish my connection to Christ Jesus and Christ Sophia Daily.
    To Live in Christ is the Way, the Goal.
    Let me see if this link works; it is a page of writings from Jacob Boehme.
    http://www.passtheword.org/DIALOGS-FROM-THE-PAST/resigntn.htm
    I t doesn't work in preview, but you can highlight and and 'go to' it.
    It is an excellent essay on Living in Christ. Praise God!
    You Friend in Christ; Tom Sperhac, Pittsburgh, Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tom. I'm glad you enjoyed. The line that really struck me (I do not adhere to any specific religious faith) and why I enjoyed this particular excerpt so much is: ..so that you totally become his nature, deny his being-apart-from-you; you
    should be he himself not Christians but Christ,...

    ReplyDelete