Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Breaking Oroborus

 Breaking Oroborus

"Join me my child in listening to my digging, scraping, and picking at my shadow.

It's shedding a swath over my muscles and scratching my bones deep enough to taste of marrow. 

There is something there, a shadow that itches. Writhing face down and snake-like body circling back round insecure, yet clearing out what i once used to be.  So confusing. 

Need a cross to cross me over, not this needless circle. Or maybe just a word to guide me to the outside or inside of this circle. 

Let me feel something, anything other than the taste of this tail I've been picking at, and swallowing as if it's my own shadow. 

What's it going to take to move through my own shadow? What's it going to take to step through? 

Tangential motion; allow me to die and step through enough of an inversion to come out the other side, to spiral instead, and break the cycle of all circles."

- Chad Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment